Tuesday 23 February 2010

Work looking up.

After being in sales since I left school in 1989, I think I am finally moving away from it. Although the money is good, it's not the most important thing any longer and with Mrs B gradually becomming more and more qualified in her Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, I can take more of an earning back-seat.

My last sales job ended at the start of February when the guy I was helping out decided to close the business leaving me with nothing. That was the final straw and since then I have been looking for something new. It seems to be coming together now.

As of the 5th March I am tutoring in Information Technology for the Peterborough Council for Voluntary Services (a lottery funded business school for voluntary and charity organisations). It's only a couple of hours per week but it pays well and could be a good lead in to more tutoring work.

I'm also now a registered "Internet Assessor" for a large American company, working anything between ten and twenty hours per week rating search engine results. Money isn't great but I can do it at home, at times to suite me.

I've also been offered a job with HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs....the TAX MAN!) in the records office here in Peterborough. Not sure yet if I will take that as it's three or four days per week on very poor money. Waiting on news of Mrs B going full time instead.

Overall....things looking up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment