Monday 10 August 2009

Packard Bell Dot M/A Laptop

Having had to give back my laptop and iPhone when I left my last job, it very quickly became clear that the house doesn't function if I can't get to a computer. Then Mrs Brykins decided that she would do her CIMA course online.....requiring the computer for three lots of three hours each week!

I've also been thinking more and more about re-starting my own business (and maybe doing it properly this time) and so I justified the expense of a new laptop. Tesco's had a nice offer on with £70 off the price of a Packard Bell Dot M/A so now a nice shiny black one is sat in front of me. In fact I am typing this on it right now.

11.6" screen (1366 x 768 pixels)
2GB RAM
160GB hard drive
1.6Ghz AMD Athlon 64bit processor
Webcam
Wifi
etc, etc, etc

It's great! It's very small (not even an inch thick) and light and the battery does a good three hours with careful use. It's as fast as my desktop in most things (though I may get a faster, bigger hard drive and an extra 2GB RAM for it to make it a bit quicker)

No comments:

Post a Comment