Monday 27 July 2009

My mobile history....pt2

I can't remember why I did it, but I eventually retired my Panasonic and moved to a Siemens S35i.....I have no idea why because it was one of the worst phones I have ever owned. Which is odd because the opinions on GSMarena seems to be mostly positive. Oh well - each to their own.

I have nothing else to say about this phone.

But I loved my next phone....

I was in Milton Keynes one sunny day, supposed to have been selling something - may have been air conditioning at the time. Anyway, I was hungry and headed to Tesco but passed a Phone4U outlet....or didn't pass it. I ended up inside it, signed up to T-Mobile on a twelve month contract and walking out with a shiny, brand new, silver, Motorola T720....my first colour screen phone!

The very best thing about this phone was the menu system - everything could be set to my liking....what items showed on the standby screen, what order the menu items were in, shortcut buttons and everything.

I loved this little beast but....the screen was poor. Very poor. Fine in the dark but daylight, room lights, candles, everything made the screen totally unreadable. It had to go.

I didn't learn....my next phone suffered the very same problem (maybe it was screen technology at the time) but the Sony Ericsson T610 was a delight to hold and play with. Small and perfectly formed. But again, take it outside and the screen was just hopeless. It did have a camera though....

No comments:

Post a Comment